Yarraville Community Centre continues to support the community through a range of FREE online activities and mask making for the community.
You’ve got to be quick but here’s our range of free activities coming up over the next few weeks:
- Introduction to cartoon drawing for children (7-12) – Learn how to draw cartoon expressions with step by step workshop by Cardy, (Brett Cardwell) one of Australia’s best School Workshop Cartoonists.
- Make an Origami Crane – Learn how to make the iconic traditional origami crane (called Orizuru in Japanese) step by step. The perfect gift or decoration.
- Balkan Flat Bread – Learn how to make this beautiful bread from scratch and get tips for a perfect lepinja. Common in the Mediterranean for filling with cevapi and salad.
- Massage using a tennis ball and sock – learn some very simple tricks that you can do at home to help relieve tight muscles.
- Laughter Club taster – Learn techniques of breathing and light movement based laughter therapy created by Indian doctor Madan Kataria that anyone can be a part of.
Looking for ways to help the community during the pandemic? Join the YCC community mask-making taskforce. There are a couple of ways you can help provide masks for those who can’t access them:
- If you can’t sew or don’t have the time you can donate fabric, elastic or shoelaces (materials that can be used are polyester blends, cotton, t-shirts, reusable ‘green’ shopping bags, exercise clothing);
- If you have a sewing machine you can help make the masks;
- If you are interested in helping, please confirm how you would like to contribute by filling in our mask making task force survey at: https://bit.ly/3jZbwdc
For more information on what’s on offer at the Yarraville Community Centre be sure to check out www.ycc.net.au because there are endless learning opportunities awaiting during lockdown.