Mrsfoodiemumma – Marie Muccio, foodie, wife, mum of three and granddaughter – inspiring you to get excited about food!
No time to cook tonight? No worries! I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. It’s been a tough few weeks for parents and in particular working parents trying to keep all the different balls in the air. The struggle is real!
I too have been playing the juggling act between working from home, keeping my toddler entertained and home schooling my 5 and 7 year old. By the time I’ve finished my work and helped the kids with their daily school tasks it’s 6pm. By that time we are all exhausted, cranky and above all else hungry!
The last thing you feel like doing at 6pm is to start cooking an elaborate meal. Its nights like these that you want something quick and easy but also satisfying. I’ve got you covered with this easy chicken and broccoli stir fry. Its a no fuss, no frills stir fry that will get you excited about your weeknight dinner.
I use soba noodles and if you have never tried them they are awesome. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour so they are a healthy alternative to other rice noodles. You can find them in your local supermarket in the noodle section.
It’s all in the prep work with stir fry’s and once your meat and veggies are prepped your good to go. The actual cooking part is super-fast!
The noodles are so easy to prepare and just need to be cooked in boiling water for 3 minutes. I do this right at the end and then I use tongs to transfer the noodles straight from the pot to the wok.
Stir-fry’s are perfect for the end of the week when you are wanting to use up the veggies in your fridge.
Once you have the base of this recipe you can make it with whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. So next time you are in a recipe rut and short on time, you now have this recipe up your sleeve!!
For more quick and easy recipes visit my blog at www.mrsfoodiemumma.com
• 270g packet dry soba noodles
• 800g chicken thigh fillets sliced into 3
• 3 tbs soy sauce
• 3 tbs oyster sauce
• 2 tsp grated ginger
• 2 tsp grated lemongrass
• 2 cloves garlic crushed
• 3 spring onions white parts sliced, greens sliced on diagonal for garnish
• 1 head broccoli cut into florets
• 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
• Small bunch Thai basil leaves picked
1. Fill a medium pot with water and bring to the boil.
2. Place chicken in a large bowl with 1tbs each of soy and oyster sauce, 1tsp each of ginger and lemongrass and one clove crushed garlic. Rub well into chicken.
3. Heat 1tbs oil in large wok on high heat. Add chicken and cook tossing frequently until cooked through.
4. Remove from wok and place in a clean bowl with the juices and cover with foil.
5. Add another splash of oil to wok and add spring onion, remaining ginger, lemongrass and garlic and stir fry for few minutes.
6. Add broccoli and peas with a splash of water and stir fry for two more minutes. Add Thai basil and stir through.
7. Once the pot is boiling add soba noodles and cook for 3 minutes
8. Return chicken and the juices to the wok. Using tongs, transfer the noodles directly into the wok. Add remaining soy and oyster sauce and toss gently. Add a splash of water if needed.
9. Serve with the sliced green part of the spring onion.