Victoria University is excited to announce that Picturing Footscray 2020 will still be going ahead, albeit with some changes.
We felt it was important to continue running the annual Prize for a few reasons:
1. We hope it will provide a creative opportunity for you to document this strange time from your home.
2. With over $5,500 in prizes, and all entries in the running to win (subject to T&Cs), we’re able to inject funds into our local area.
3. Photography captures a moment in time. Remember, this situation isn’t forever. We’ll be able to look back at these photographs and see how drastically our world, and Footscray, changed as a result of the epidemic. It will be a time of reflection, the good and the bad.
4. By holding the Picturing Footscray in 2020 it continues to demonstrate Footscray’s community spirit, something that this annual Photography Prize promotes so well.
The main changes
• The call for entries will now open on Friday 12 June and close Friday 31 July
• Judging will take place virtually, and
• We won’t have a physical exhibition in August, instead we will showcase all entries virtually, with live prize announcements.
To find out more, visit vu.edu.au/picturing-footscray