What happens when social media replaces other forms of media? What does the future hold? Come along and join in on this fascinating discussion with Derek Green (The Westsider) and panel.
This panel will consider:
- What is Citizen Journalism?
- Is it relevant considering we’re all publishers now?
- Have our information receptors been re-aligned?
- How is social media is replacing traditional media and filling the Citizen Journalism void?
- Where are the checks and balances – were there ever any?
Moderator Derek Green is Managing Editor of The Westsider Newspaper and Online. With a past that criss-crosses between traditional print and publishing, digital content, software development and freelance journalism, he is perfectly poised to preside over this timely and thought provoking topic.
Melissa Longo is the editor of Around Point Cook and Around Altona newspapers.
Kelly Kayne is a contributor to The Westsider Newspaper for community journalism in Melbourne’s inner west.
David Llewellyn is the Editor of Willy and Hobby and has over ten years experience in the media and communications industry.